Climate change is a global challenge, which requires solutions on local, national and international levels. In this new section of our website, we share project results, publications and information, which go beyond the “Energiewende” in our core markets Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
In more than 70 years of energy system analysis, we have acquired a broad set of transferable skills and knowledge, which address challenges related to the international energy transition. Project types with international focus range from short-term consulting to long-term research projects and include topics such as European energy system analysis or the adaptation and transfer of processes from Germany to other European markets.
Ongoing international projects:
- eXtremOS (FfE GmbH / FfE e. V.) – Value of flexibility in the context of European electricity market coupling with extreme technological, regulatory and social developments
- Synergy II
Past international projects:
- EU Displacement Mix – A simplified marginal approach to determining the environmental impacts of coupled heat and power technologies
- Nodal Pricing (German site / English site )
- Standard load profiles for Romania
European Energy Transition:
- Info: Electrification vs. vRES potentials in Europe – is the potential for variable renewable energy sources sufficient to cover post electrification electricity demand?
- Info: FfE electrification profiles - status quo and potentials of electrification in Europe
- How will the Corona crisis affect EU sectoral electricity demand?
- Uncertainties in energy statistics data – Causes and effects of deviating energy balances
Publications with an international perspective on energy system analysis:
- Demand-side decarbonization options and the role of electrification (FfE Discussion Paper 2020-01)
- Electrification decarbonization efficiency in Europe – a case study for the industry sector
- Potentials of Variable Renewable Energy Sources and "Low-Hanging Fruits" Electrification in Europe
- System effects of high demand‐side electrification rates: A scenario analysis for Germany in 2030
- Comparison of Integration Studies of 30-40 percent Energy Share from Variable Renewable Sources
- Generating energy carrier specific space heating and hot water load profiles at NUTS-3-level in Europe. In: 11. IEWT, Wien, 2019
- Joint article FfE and TUM on: Meta-analysis of country-specific energy scenario studies for neighbouring countries of Germany Januar 2020
- Potentials of Variable Renewable Energy Sources and "Low-Hanging Fruits" Electrification in Europe Februar 2019
- Development of new standard load profiles for Romania März 2017
- Info: Electrification vs. vRES potentials in Europe – is the potential for variable renewable energy sources sufficient to cover post electrification electricity demand? Mai 2020
- Info: FfE electrification profiles - status quo and potentials of electrification in Europe April 2020
- Schulung zur Effizienzsteigerung und Einführung eines Energiemanagements in Ndanda (Tansania) Januar 2020
- Energieberatung und Entwicklung eines Inselnetz-Energieversorgungskonzeptes für Ndanda Abbey Januar 2020
- EU Displacement Mix – A simplified marginal approach to determining the environmental impacts of coupled heat and power technologies Juli 2019